[rabbitmq-discuss] Trace Plugin

Jeffery, Mark MJeffery at fnb.co.za
Tue May 28 13:52:20 BST 2013

Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt response :

I have the following scenario that led to my question

On 3.0.1 if I (via Java, not management console)

Have the rabbitmq_tracing plugin enabled
Declare a queue "tracepublish"
Bind it to exchange amq.rabbitmq.trace with routing key publish.#
Start a Consumer on "tracepublish"
Execute rabbitmqctl trace_on

I receive all the messages published perfectly.

However if I
Disable the rabbitmq_tracing plugin.
Declare a queue "tracepublish"
Bind it to exchange amq.rabbitmq.trace with routing key publish.#
Start a Consumer on "tracepublish"
Execute rabbitmqctl trace_on

I get no messages on the consumer side. Almost as though the firehose tracing was disabled when the plugin was disabled

Thanks

Jeff