[rabbitmq-discuss] Auto-delete queues not compatible with basic.get (vs. basic.consume)?

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Thu May 23 21:15:38 BST 2013

Working with RabbitMQ 3.1.

My code declares a queue as auto-delete, non-persistent. It then proceeds
to read a number of message from the queue using basic.get. I don't call
basic.consume however.

Eventually the code finishes and the connection goes away. The RabbitMQ
admin console shows no connections and no channels, but my queue was never
deleted.

I know auto-deletion has to do with consumers, but from my perspective, my
code is certainly consuming messages, and the channels/connections are
definitely going away.

Thanks,

Matt