[rabbitmq-discuss] RDQ files filling the disk.

michi.oshima moshima at advent.com
Wed May 22 23:20:09 BST 2013

I don't have history information for queue sizes.  I only have access to
history for disk size.  Judging from it, a queue has been monotonically
growing in size.

And it has to be the shovel's queue attached to RabbitMQ1 that's been
accumulating the messages.  Trying to depict the flow of messages here:

Client1 --> amq.topic at Rabbit1 --> shovel_queue --> amq.topic at Rabbit2 -->
client2_queue --> Client2

I set up the queue with all default settings, with routing_key set to "#".
Currently we don't use RabbitMQ for any purpose other than sending messages
from Client1 to Client2 in the manner depicted above.

I wonder under what circumstances 'shovel_queue1' could start accumulating
messages.  While messages are getting received on Client2?  As I said
before, there is no shovel related errors recorded in the log files.  May be
shovel is *somehow* not getting message acknowledgements from RabbitMQ2?  Is
that even possible?