[rabbitmq-discuss] RDQ files filling the disk.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 22 10:56:25 BST 2013

On 22/05/13 09:38, Tim Watson wrote:
>>> Meanwhile, Rabbit2 reportedly have been receiving the messages
>>> from Rabbit1. I also saw no shovel connection related errors in
>>> rabbit.log, etc.
>>>
>>> Q1. Does this sound plausible?  If so, how could this happen?
> Sounds like rabbit1 is paging due to memory pressure. Do you see a
> memory alarm in the logs? Even if you don't, it may be paging
> pre-emptively.

The memory alarm is a bit of a red herring - the idea of preemptive
paging is to prevent the memory alarm going off!

>>> Q2. I'm thinking the rdq files are meant to get deleted at some
>>> point.  What would cause the files to*not*  get deleted?
> The paged out messages will need to be delivered and acked and, at
> the same time, memory use will need to drop back so that eventually
> the broker stops paging deliberately.

Again, don't really look at memory use, but just look at the total
number of messages in the broker...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen