[rabbitmq-discuss] new queue causes extremely poor disk IO

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 21 12:06:19 BST 2013

Kevin,

On 18/05/13 02:26, Kevin Goess wrote:
> We could try that. Is an upgrade between 2.7.1 expected to be
> transparent?  The queues and exchanges will survive the upgrade?

Yes. Yes.

> Should we upgrade all our shovelers as well, or can we leave them at
> 2.7.1?

Not sure what you mean by 'shovelers'. The rabbitmq-shovel plugin, like
all plug-ins, must match the version of the broker; but that's generally
the case anyway since the plug-in ships with the broker. If, otoh, your
'shovelers' are AMQP client applications then it's ok to leave them
alone, though obviously it is advisable to update the client libraries
to the latest version at a later point, when convenient,

Regards,

Matthias.