[rabbitmq-discuss] 2.8.1 crash on Win2008

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 20 14:17:31 BST 2013

On 20/05/13 14:09, Dave Gorman wrote:
> Thanks Simon for your response!
> The SASL log has:

>      exception exit: {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
>                       [{rabbit_msg_store,safe_file_delete,3,[]},
>
> {rabbit_msg_store_gc,'-attempt_action/3-fun-0-',1,[]},

> Does badmatch mean anything to you?

badmatch just means we saw some result we weren't expecting - but the
interesting bit is "{error,eacces}".

This looks like the message store was attempting to delete a file and
was prevented from doing so by the OS. This is a hard problem to recover
from - RabbitMQ assumes that it can modify and delete any file it has
created; it's not clear what to do if it can't.

On Windows I guess there could be a badly written virus scanner or
backup program which is taking exclusive access to RabbitMQ's files.
Could something like that be happening?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen