[rabbitmq-discuss] HTTP monitoring API

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 20 10:42:54 BST 2013

On 20/05/13 05:17, tog wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to use RabbitMQ to create a distributed task queues on aws. In order
> to kill/start ec2 instances, i would need to access the moving average of
> queued messages of the last 1/5 minutes. Since this is possible in the web
> ui I would guess it is possible as well using the HTTP api.

Yes.

> After some extensive Googling and reading  RabbitMQ in Action I am still not
> able to find how to retrieve this information.

The moving average thing was only added in 3.1.0 - RabbitMQ in action is
rather older.

Set sample_age and sample_incr as described in
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v3_1_0/priv/www/api/index.html,
and you should see an "avg_rate" appear in the JSON.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal