[rabbitmq-discuss] Version.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 16 17:51:06 BST 2013

On 16/05/13 12:55, krupal patel wrote:
> HI everyone,
> How can i get the RabbitMQ version if the rabbitmq server is stopped . I
> used rabbitmqctl status but it works only when we start the server but
> if i didn't started the server then how can i get the version.Let me
> know if there are any files in which i can get the rabbitmq version.
> *Regards,
> Krupal Patel,

Hmm. Not sure if there's a great way to do this. Track down the
rabbit.app file and grep for vsn?

$ locate rabbit.app | while read f ; do grep vsn $f ; done
      {vsn,"3.1.0"},

Or if you installed via a package manager, ask it:

$ dpkg -l rabbitmq-server

Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
ii  rabbitmq-serve 3.1.0-1        AMQP server written in Erlang

But that's probably cheating ;-)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen