[rabbitmq-discuss] Flow control issue when shovelling messages between data centres

SimonT simonthorogood at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 10:48:43 BST 2013

It appears that part of the problem is that the shovel mechanism is slow to
consume due to a load balancer issue which I won't go into here.

I'd be interested though to understand better the relationship is between
down-stream queue size / consumption rate and flow control. For example, if
the consumer is not keeping up and the queue is growing, will this increase
the chance of flow control at the publisher. Also what is the effect of TTL
on the queue - e.g. will a shorter TTL result in less up-streamm flow
control?