[rabbitmq-discuss] create a policy for concrete nodes

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 14 15:30:43 BST 2013

On 13/05/13 13:31, Slyth wrote:
> I have one cluster with 6 vm's and I want to mirror the first 3 on
> the other 3. That is everything I want to do, if you now an easier
> way as my try please instruct me

"mirror the first 3 on the other 3" is not really a concept that makes
sense in terms of RabbitMQ clustering. Cluster nodes are in general
equal, they're not matched up with each other.

> Ok now ich have a queue:
>
> root at rab1:/home/rab1#  rabbitmqctl set_policy ha-mirrorq "mirrorq" \
>> '{"ha-mode":"nodes","ha-params":["rabbit at rab4","rabbit at rab5","rabbit at rab6"],"ha-sync-mode":"automatic"}'
>

> (I have to look how I configure my queue. If rab2 and rab3 should
> receive the same msges or not and if I have to have one or two
> queues.) But why mirror my queue only on rab5 and rab6.

You have told this queue that it should reside on [rab4, rab5, rab6], so
that's what it's doing.

> And work my
> 3 vm's allways together or only rab2 and rab3 because rab1 is the
> sender?

I don't understand this sentence.

> I hope you understand my problem I'am a little bit confuse and I
> found no examples in the internet.

I really don't, I'm afraid.

Cheers, Simon

--