[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple local-usernames for federation

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 14 12:59:00 BST 2013

On 14/05/13 12:37, Roman Gaufman wrote:
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this is meant to work - I have 3 RabbitMQs:
>
> Cloud (10.9.0.1)
> London (10.9.0.2)
> Moscow (10.9.0.3)
>
> I want to federate messages from London and Moscow to Cloud.

Meaning that messages published in London and Moscow can be consumed in
Cloud.

> I create 2
> username/passwords on the "Cloud" rabbitmq (with appropriate permissions):
>
> london:password1
> moscow:password2
>
> I then add 1 upstream for the London and 1 upstream for the Moscow RabbitMQ:
>
> London: amqp://london:password1@10.9.0.1/oracle
> <http://london:password1@10.9.0.1/oracle>
> Moscow: amqp://moscow:password1@10.9.0.1/oracle
> <http://moscow:password1@10.9.0.1/oracle>

Did you do that on the Cloud machine? It sounds like you did - but here
you're telling it to connect to itself?

I think what you want to do is:

* Create the London / Moscow users on the London / Moscow boxes
* Add upstreams for London / Moscow on Cloud, pointing to the London /
Moscow machines
* Set the federation policy on Cloud
* If you have deleted / restricted the "guest" account on Cloud, then
set "local-username" to another account that is able to publish messages

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal