[rabbitmq-discuss] Resource alarms in 3.1 seems to block operations other than basic.publish

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 13 16:59:00 BST 2013

Hi Michael,

A couple of quick questions about this...

1. are you sure the queue is not empty by the time the consumer is restarted?
2. do you receive no methods at all in the consumer, not even connection negotiation?

I can't replicate this viz (1) for me the queue is always empty by the time the consumer is stopped and restarted and (2) I see the connection and basic.consume get going before the consumer gets stuck and it is in 'blocking' mode, which given that the queue is empty and the alarm still set, is apparently ok.

Cheers,
Tim