[rabbitmq-discuss] does client caches messages?

Mohsen Lotfizad mtlotfizad at gmail.com
Sat May 11 08:36:19 BST 2013

> Message: 20
> Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 10:26:10 +0100
> From: Tim Watson <tim at rabbitmq.com>
> Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] does client caches messages?
> To: Discussions about RabbitMQ <rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> On 8 May 2013, at 09:33, Mohsen Lotfizad wrote:
>
> > I have a subscriber that consumes from server but doesn't ACK
> immediately because message processing involves database operation. If
> database operations goes well, then ACK will be sent, otherwise message
> save in db and then ACK will send.
> >

> That sounds fine.

Hi,
In fact I just want to know when I set prefetch_cont=2, why my consumer try
to give about 700 messages?
I attached a copy of RabbitMQ Management here:

Channels

Details Channel Virtual host User name Mode (?) Prefetch Unacked Unconfirmed
Status 127.0.0.1:56137
(2)<http://127.0.0.1:15672/#/channels/127.0.0.1%3A56137%20-%3E%20127.0.0.1%3A5672%20(2)>/guest
2 700 0 Idle 127.0.0.1:56137
(3)<http://127.0.0.1:15672/#/channels/127.0.0.1%3A56137%20-%3E%20127.0.0.1%3A5672%20(3)>/guest