[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel 3.1.0 - terminates on unknown_host error instead of seeking another host

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 10 14:42:40 BST 2013

Hi,

On 10 May 2013, at 13:56, Laing, Michael P. wrote:

> Here's the config that is failing – there are a lot of substitution parameters as you can see, but the hostnames are explicit.

Right - so this is indeed another instance of the problem reported at http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/Shovels-not-reconnecting-with-RabbitMQ-3-1-0-td26372.html - because you don't set an explicit reconnect_delay, the shovel workers permanently halt once the first connection attempt fails, instead of restarting (after a slight delay) and trying again. As a temporary fix, you can add in the default reconnect_delay yourself, using {reconnect_delay, 5}. We will, as I said earlier, include the fix (which has already been merged) in the next service release.

Cheers,
Tim