[rabbitmq-discuss] Internode cluster statistics

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Wed May 8 08:27:49 BST 2013

We are designing a system using RMQ that we would like to be capable to
scale to very high message rates.  To do so, we are planning on introducing
publisher and consumer node affinity to whatever node is currently the
master node of the HA queues we plan on using.

It would be useful in noticing when this system is not working if RMQ
exposed statistics on internode message traffic.  In particular, it would
be nice to have statistics on when a message is received by a queue from a
publisher in a different node, or when a message is consumer from a queue
by a consumer in a different node.  Essentially, stats for whenever a
message has to be forwarded to a different node except for messages
forwarded to HA queue slaves.

Thoughts?

Elias Levy