[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish behavior during 3.1 eager synchronisation?

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Fri May 3 21:39:36 BST 2013

Perhaps this is answered from the docs, but if so I missed it.

The docs say "Since the queue becomes unresponsive while synchronisation is
occurring..."

Our clients use transactions to ensure our publishes are synchronous and
commited by the time the call returns. Will these publishes simply block,
possibly longer, if an eager sync is in progress? Or will the publish fail
for some reason.

I suspect the former, but just want to confirm to ease possible concerns by
others here.

Thanks,

Matt