[rabbitmq-discuss] How to get the space used on disk?

Lionel Cons lionel.cons at cern.ch
Fri May 3 13:44:41 BST 2013

In the management console/api, for most quantities, we get both the amount
used and the maximum. For instance:
 - File descriptors: fd_used=46 fd_total=131072
 - Erlang processes: proc_used=291 proc_total=1048576
 - ...

However, for the disk space, we can only get: disk_free and disk_free_limit.

Is there any way to get the disk used?

In case RabbitMQ shares its partition with other processes, what matters is
not really the disk free (in the partition) but rather the disk usage wrt
the maximum expected.

Cheers,

Lionel