[rabbitmq-discuss] View messages in queue

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 3 09:54:09 BST 2013

On 3 May 2013, at 09:42, Michael Klishin wrote:

> 2013/5/3 ashok <ashok.anand at gmail.com>
>
> There is no.

And for good reason in the case of (b)...

> b) To be able to delete a message at a specific position: Currently I can
> delete only head. This does defeat the meaning of queue, though in one of my
> use case, it does seem useful to have such feature.

as the OP admits, that isn't the "correct" behaviour for a queue after all.

> I am just wondering if there is some more capability,  in particular,
> a) View all messages in the queue (not just head), while not destroying
> order of messages in the queue

There is an open bug to investigate the possibility of being able to browse queues, with some limitations and caveats (esp. around messages that have been paged to disk). I believe Simon has been chewing on this idea for a while, so this may be (partly) possible some time in the future.

Cheers,

Tim