[rabbitmq-discuss] MySQL UDF or Storage Engine for RabbitMQ

Nikola niks at osic.rs
Thu May 2 16:44:59 BST 2013

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is some work being done on MySQL User Defined
Function (UDF) or AMQP/RabbitMQ specific Storage Engine for MySQL, which
would enable direct integration between MySQL and RabbitMQ.

Primary need we have is to be able to send AMQP messages directly from
MySQL. This is required because some tables are updated by MySQL, without
explicit request from web application (eg. by stored procedure or trigger).
In this case we would like to emit AMQP message directly from MySQL, which
would then be processed by PHP workers (eg. cache entries would be
invalidated).

I assume that simplest way to do that would be to have UDF. Better way
might be to have specific MySQL Storage Engine, like Sphinx has. Gearman
has UDF available.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,
Nikola