[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel failover

Laing, Michael P. Michael.Laing at nytimes.com
Thu May 2 15:43:10 BST 2013

Is the new failover scheme described somewhere? Couldn't find it.

Some of my configurations rely on shovels being set up differently for
each node in a cluster and that the shovel will stick to the node on which
it is configured.

The reason for these configurations (backup strategy to compensate for
partitioning) may have become moot nowŠ

However, I have gotten pretty used to the shovel just being a
straightforward, well-behaved application on a single node, driven by that
node's configuration. If it now jumps around among nodes in the cluster
automatically then it is no longer straightforward - let's hope it is
still well-behaved!

-ml