[rabbitmq-discuss] After server notifies of canceled consume, it doesn't acknowledge a channel close

Chip Salzenberg rev.chip at gmail.com
Wed May 1 23:40:40 BST 2013

I am using a modified AnyEvent::RabbitMQ Perl module (the standard one does
not advertise its willingness to receive channel cancellations).  The
module is event-driven; its input handler is not dependent on application
logic, and is where I'm getting my frame dumps; and the module continues to
send heartbeat frames even after other events stop.  Also, as an
experiment, I arranged to send a CancelOk and got an error response (which
was printed correctly).  So I do not believe the client is "hanging" in any
sense.

Does the Java automated test of close-after-cancel-notification expect a
CloseOk?  Does it get one?

How do you suggest dumping the frame traffic without depending on the
suspect client module?