[rabbitmq-discuss] buffering messages and batch processing

Matthieu Labour matthieu.labour at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:04:14 BST 2013

Hi

There are posts related to my question such as the one below
http://tinyurl.com/cwntvbl

However i could not find one that exactly address my question.
I apologize in advance if i missed it.

In the receiving callback, we are buffering the messages and then we
process/handle them when we either reach N messages received or when a
period of X minutes have elapsed

I was wondering if RabbitMQ does provide this ability natively. On other
words, it is possible to tell RabbitMQ to deliver messages to the receiver
when N messages are sitting in the queues and for when messages have been
sitting in the queue for longer than T.

Thank you for your inputs
-matt