[rabbitmq-discuss] After server notifies of canceled consume, it doesn't acknowledge a channel close

Chip Salzenberg rev.chip at gmail.com
Wed May 1 05:16:30 BST 2013

I've successfully used the optional server feature of sending a
basic.cancel when a consumed queue is deleted.  Great.  But a reasonable
thing to do at that point is to close the channel, right?  But when I send
a channel.close in that circumstance, RMQ 3.0.4 does not send a close-ok.
 It doesn't send anything.  This makes my app hang.  I have to cheat and
ass_u_me that the channel is closed in order to keep working.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a server bug?  Both?  :)