[rabbitmq-discuss] lager vs sasl error log

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 28 12:47:56 GMT 2013

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay - I've been chasing my tail this morning looking at what I thought was a bug, and thankfully I was wrong! :)

So... I've just pushed a couple of fixes that should sort things out for you (Ben) I hope. The instructions in the README now specify that you should check out the git repository into a folder called 'lager' (regardless of the actual source repository name), the APPNAME variable has been reset to 'lager' and I've renamed the uploaded binary to 'lager-2.0.0.ez' - this should fix these issues for you. In the long term, if enough people really want to use lager then we'll probably come up with another (better) approach than this, but I just wanted to get folks going for the time being so we can get some feedback.

Please do let me know if you get along better with this now. If you're building from source then do a `make clean` in the umbrella before attempting a rebuild (with the renamed rabbitmq-lager => lager directory freshly checked out) otherwise the build system will get all in a twizzy about dependencies.

As I said, we'll do this *properly* at some point soon (ish) and it won't be awkward like this when we release it into the wild.

Cheers,
Tim