[rabbitmq-discuss] Optimizing Tips for beginner rabbitMQ user

extofer extofer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:47:31 GMT 2013

Here is my setup: I've implemented rabbitMQ on a centOS environment  I have
one tomcat application publishing messages at an average of 30 msg/s. The
consumer apps are in 3 different servers running the same process, each
consuming at an average of 2~3 msg/s. I've tried optimizing our process on
the consumer applications as much as possible, now I want to look at the
queue and try to get more than 2~3 msg/s.

Here are some questions, and perhaps someone can assist me with suggestions:

I use the same user authentications on all 3 consumers.... will having
different users help bump the message rate?

I've tried using more channels, but all in all, it doesn't change a thing,
it still gets 1 or 25 messages depending on channels, but the message rate
is the same.

What are some common optimization tips for faster performance?

Thanks
The consumer application is a Tomcat application and I'm using rabbit-amqp
configured below.
<bean id="rabbitConnectionFactory"
class="org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.CachingConnectionFactory"
p:username="USER" p:password="PSWD!" p:virtualHost="VHNAME"
p:port="5672">
<constructor-arg value="DOMAIN" />
<property name="channelCacheSize" value="1" />
</bean>

--
Thanks,
Gabriel Villa