[rabbitmq-discuss] Send problem (receiver closes exchange)

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at saseco.dk
Mon Mar 25 15:51:25 GMT 2013

I am having two AMQP clients, one sends and another receives. I can start the sender without the receiver and while there is no receiver to receive the messages, the sender doesn't error. Then I start the receiver and then I receive messages as intended. But when I stop the receiver, the sender throws exception on each message sent:

RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.AlreadyClosedException: The AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Peer, code=404, text="NOT_FOUND - no exchange 'coma.event' in vhost '/'", classId=60, methodId=40, cause=

Is it possible for one client to close an exchange that another client is actively using?

Thanks,

Bernhard