[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue Starting RabbitMQ service

Sankarasubramanian Subramanian abiramipattar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 06:37:25 GMT 2013

Hi All,

   I have a problem starting the rabbitMQ service. Please find below the
error. Any idea why this could be happening? But, when i start the RabbitMQ
server from the command-line, it works without any problems. I have changed
the actual IP address to xx.xx.xx.xx

BOOT FAILED
===========

Error description:
   {could_not_start,rabbit,
    {bad_return,
     {{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},
      {'EXIT',
       {rabbit,failure_during_boot,
        {case_clause,
         {error,
          {{shutdown,
            {failed_to_start_child,tcp_listener,
             {could_not_start_server,inet_gethost_native}}},
           {child,undefined,'rabbit_tcp_listener_sup_xx.xx.xx.xx:5677',
            {tcp_listener_sup,start_link,
             [{xx,xx,xx,xx},
              5677,
              [inet,binary,
               {packet,raw},
               {reuseaddr,true},
               {backlog,128},
               {nodelay,true},
               {linger,{true,0}},
               {exit_on_close,false}],
              {rabbit_networking,tcp_listener_started,[amqp]},
              {rabbit_networking,tcp_listener_stopped,[amqp]},
              {rabbit_networking,start_client,[]},
              "TCP Listener"]},
            transient,infinity,supervisor,
            [tcp_listener_sup]}}}}}}}}}