[rabbitmq-discuss] Dead-Lettering Performance
hamsterready at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:11:11 GMT 2013
I am designing and implementing RabbitMQ-based solution which main
requirement is around delayed delivery.
Main use case is:
- I have message source which generates messages anytime during the day,
- depending on message content - delay time is computed,
- message expiration time is set (per message TTL, not x-message-ttl nor
- message dead-letter-routing-key is set and dead-letter-exchange is set
(on queues: q60, q120, q180, ...)
- based on delay time (60s, 120s, 180s, 240s, ...) message is routed to
dedicated queue (q60, q120, q180, ...)
- is it valid use of message expiration time?
- are there any caveats around dead-lettering performance?
- are there any guarantees around dead-lettering performance?
- does dead-lettering has same "priority" as others "internal operations"
in RabbitMQ broker?
Any comments would be great.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss