[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashes just after start...

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 20 14:43:30 GMT 2013

On 20/03/13 14:13, David Buckingham wrote:
> No change.  I've copied the messages from the Rabbit log files below.
> Maybe they can offer some help, after all???

Um, yes. The logfiles normally contain the reason for errors. You should
consult them when you see errors.

> exception exit: {enoent, "m:/Program
> Files/erl5.9.1/lib/os_mon-2.2.9/priv/bin/win32sysinfo.exe"},

Does that file exist? If not then Make sure your ERLANG_HOME variable is
set correctly. If it does exist then the problem probably relates to the
NTFS 8.3 attributes for the VHD volume. Make sure 8.3 creation is not
disabled. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007/en-us

-Emile