[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashes just after start...

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 20 11:11:01 GMT 2013

Hi David,

On 19/03/13 16:32, David Buckingham wrote:
>> Does the "WorkDir" row in the output of "rabbitmq-service.bat list"
>> contain the expected value?
>
> Yes.  (M:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\RabbitMQ)

Is M: a network drive? The Erlang documentation forbids that:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erlsrv.html
I don't get exactly the same error as the one you reported when
installing on a network drive, but it's worth checking that.

You mentioned that 2 installations suffered from a failure to start. Can
you think of anything relevant in the operating environment that those
instances have in common?

-Emile