[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling Throughput with Highly Available Queues

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Tue Mar 19 21:55:31 GMT 2013

Matthias,

The relevance lies in the fact that the design of this particular
application component relies on a single highly available queue bound to a
single exchange. My thought (which you've mostly confirmed) was that if I
create multiple clusters with mirrored configurations (e.g. same exchanges,
queues, users, etc.) and place those in a single load balanced pool I will
be able to scale my performance (while maintaining high availability for
all messages) whereas if I add additional nodes to a cluster I will not -
as all operations will happen via the mater queue process which resides on
exactly one node.

Thank you very much for your quick replies.

Regards,

Richard