[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashes just after start...

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 19 16:03:50 GMT 2013

Hi David,

On 19/03/13 15:25, David Buckingham wrote:

> RabbitMQ v2.8.4

We recommend using the latest version, though that probably won't solve
the problem you describe.

> I have installed both Erlang and RabbitMQ to a non-system drive (i.e.,
> not C:\).

It is not immediately clear what the cause of the problem is, but if you
can answer some questions then we can narrow it down:

Does it work if you perform a default installation using the installer?
If you are installing manually make sure you follow the instructions
meticulously: http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows-manual.html

Do you get the same error if you install on C: (i.e. don't set
RABBITMQ_BASE)?

Do you have permissions on the installation directory?

Which plugins do you have installed?

Does the "WorkDir" row in the output of "rabbitmq-service.bat list"
contain the expected value?

Does Erlang start normally without RabbitMQ? (erl -sname foo)

Does the hostname route properly?

> I have also attached the erl_crash.dump file.  I am not familiar with
> Erlang, so I’m not sure what it tells me.

I'm afraid it doesn't tell me much either. It is rarely useful.

-Emile