[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0, SSL and rc4

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 19 11:38:12 GMT 2013

On 19/03/13 11:28, carlhoerberg wrote:
> Thanks a lot Matthias! Yes, I can see it now. Weird though that it don't
> happens when connected through the tracer proxy or with rabbitmq 2.8.7.
> Continuing the discussion with the user and the langohr ppl.

Could just differences in performance. Certainly if the management UI /
'rabbitmqctl list_consumers' show a growing number of consumers then
memory usage will grow correspondingly. Running through the tracer
introduces some latency, so will slow things down a bit and hence reduce
the growth rate. And 2.8.7 is generally slower than 3.0, so will exhibit
a slower growth rate.

Matthias.