[rabbitmq-discuss] Confirm consistent hash exchange behavior

SteveO steveolivier22 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 00:17:57 GMT 2013

Thanks all for the feedback.

I'm not certain how to handle my basic "elastic scale up" scenario. That
would be where I have 4 queues bound to the CHX, and my consumers aren't
keeping up. I add a 5th without removing any of the other 4. I think that is
a condition where I could wind up with messages with the same routing key in
multiple queues.

Our application will have producers sending messages with new GUIDs in the
routing key throughout the course of any given day. The frequency of just
how many new GUIDs over a set duration of time will vary throughout the
course of the day. Business hours would have more new GUIDs than
off-business hours, for example. That's why I thought it would be in my best
interest to have a mechanism for scaling up and down. That just gets really
tricky when I have that "must process everything in order" requirement.