[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_mochiweb timeout fix is in rabbitmq 2.7.1?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 13 15:23:46 GMT 2013

On 13/03/13 11:49, Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) wrote:
> I saw the "eaddrinuse" error, and I was wondering if the problem could be that the mochiweb is restarting slowly:
> if it takes long to stop and then I ask for a new start the address+port are already taken.
> Does that make sense?

Yes it does - but we fixed that in 2.6.0!

However, you may be encountering the bug which made us change the
management port from 55672 to 15672 - 55672 is in the transient range on
most operating systems and it's quite possible to find some other random
process has already opened the port for an outgoing connection. We only
saw this happen when running a web browser pointing at the management
plugin on localhost, but that's probably not the only way to trigger it.
So upgrade to 3.x, or move the management port as described at
http://previous.rabbitmq.com/mochiweb.html

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen