[rabbitmq-discuss] High-availability: Unsynchronised mirrors questions (3.0.2)

Alexis Van Der Merwe demius at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 10:53:04 GMT 2013

Hi there,

I'm testing out the HA features using server version 3.0.2 and it seems to
fulfill my requirements.
There's one thing I don't really understand, and I was hoping someone would
be able to enlighten me.

I have a two (2) node HA cluster, for convenience, let's call them *
NODE-MASTER* and *NODE-SLAVE*.

   1. I publish 100k messages to NODE-MASTER, and they are replicated to *
   NODE-SLAVE*.
   2. I take down *NODE-MASTER* using *rabbitmqctl*.
   3. NODE-SLAVE is promoted to master and retains the messages it
   previously received.
   4. Bring *NODE-MASTER* back up and into the cluster

This all works as I expect it to, but after the former master node rejoins
the cluster,
I see a message in the web-management console saying that one of the nodes
is unsynchronised (see screenshot).

Why does this occur, and more importantly, what does it mean in this
scenario?

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bFcdaf1LZHU/UUBaaQiwPqI/AAAAAAAAA-0/JxUjiQWpbDc/s1600/unsynchronised_mirrors.jpg>