[rabbitmq-discuss] Syslog

Brett Cameron brett.r.cameron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 14:47:21 GMT 2013

Could you write a little client that leverages the amq.rabbitmq.log
exchange? Log file entries are published to this exchange, using the
severity level of log messages as the routing key (severity levels are
“info”, “warning”, and “error”), so if you bind a queue or three to this
exchange you can have clients consume the log messages. A client could then
call syslog() to poke stuff into syslog, etc.

Although I suppose this still equates to having to deploy another moving
part, albeit a small one.