[rabbitmq-discuss] Is heartbeat option working in C-client?

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 21:57:45 GMT 2013

While I cannot comment on what Dawn ended up doing, I can say a few words
about the rabbitmq-c library.

Currently the rabbitmq-c only has partial support for AMQP heartbeats: the
library understands AMQP hearbeats at a protocol level, the library
provides an interface for sending and receiving frames that allows
heartbeat frames to be sent, however the library does not have an event
loop that will automatically handle heartbeats for you.

To use heartbeats with rabbitmq-c you would need to provide your own event
loop/logic to send and receive heartbeat frames.

HTH
-Alan