[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance tests and a warning on HIPE

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 11 14:35:13 GMT 2013

Jason,

On 11/03/13 14:16, Jason McIntosh wrote:
> I'd love to be able to provide you more details but I've not gotten a
> crash dump yet on any of the systems I've seen this (that's 3 in total,
> one VM, two different physical boxes).  Any suggestions on how to get
> some more data out of erlang/rabbit for this?

The lack of crash dumps might be due to a bug in R15B03, which was fixed
in R15B03-1. See
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2012-December/071001.html.

However, I'd recommend testing with R16B; hipe is one area of Erlang/OTP
which is improving in every release, so there is a fair chance that the
problem you are running into has been fixed.

Regards,

Matthias.