[rabbitmq-discuss] Turning off prefetch in the asynchronous_consumer_example

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 8 19:22:40 GMT 2013

Scott,

On 08/03/13 19:02, Scott Chapman wrote:
> I don’t want it to "check out the message". That's prefetching. I want
> it to leave the message alone until it's ready to be processed.

If the prefetch count is set to 1 then you should see at most one
unacknowledged message when looking at a channel in the management UI /
with rabbitmqctl.

Check in the management UI, or with 'rabbitmqctl list_channels name
prefetch_count', whether your basic.qos prefetch setting is taking effect.

Matthias.