[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance tests and a warning on HIPE

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Fri Mar 8 16:06:12 GMT 2013

Sorry, to be clear, I run HiPE in production under heavy load without
issues.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Tim Watson <tim at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> Can anyone assist with either reproducing this, or providing either an
> erlang crash_dump or (if the emulator dies 'badly' enough) a core dump? I
> would be very good to pass this on to the hipe team so they can figure out
> what's wrong and fix it for future releases. Using hipe can potentially
> improve performance a lot, so not being able to trust it when using rabbit
> under load is a real shame, but this won't get fixed unless we provide the
> hipe team with some tangible evidence they can use to investigate.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

> >> That certainly is scary, and unlike our experiences - we've generally
> >> seen HiPE crash immediately or work fine. I suspect the platform is an
> >> issue here. But yes, you should be cautious turning on HiPE in
> production...
> > This is my experience as well on both CentOS 5.3 and 6.3 with R15B0 (and
> previous versions) with all versions of RabbitMQ we run (Everything from
> 2.7.1 -> 3.0.2)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Gavin

Gavin M. Roy
Chief Technology Officer

 <http://www.meetme.com/>
100 Union Square Drive
New Hope, PA 18938
p. +1.215.862.1162 x263
f. +1.215.862.0465

<https://www.facebook.com/pages/MeetMe/21931227129>
<https://twitter.com/meetme>
    <http://www.youtube.com/user/MeetMeVideos>

The public market leader in social discovery. (NYSE MKT: MEET)