[rabbitmq-discuss] Running RPC across two separate Virtual Machines?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 8 10:12:20 GMT 2013

Hi Eric,

On 08/03/13 07:24, Eric Sender wrote:
> I have RabbitMQ service working on both Guest OS's

You only need one broker. Both the RPC server and client must use the
same broker.

> How should I set it up properly to have RabbitMQ talking to separate VMs?
You must first make sure that the broker VM can accept connections. If
you see a routing error then that VM might be using NAT. As soon as you
have the VMs able to communicate the tutorial examples should work. You
should consult the hypervisor documentation on how to set up networking.

-Emile