[rabbitmq-discuss] Keeping idle connections alive in EC2

Nishanth nishanth at urbanmapping.com
Thu Mar 7 22:59:03 GMT 2013

Hi,

I have workers running in EC2. The message processing time for every worker
is very high like several hours.

While they process the message, rabbitmq drops their connection silently as
it considers them to have been idle for a long time.

When the workers try to send ACK after message processing, they fail and
crash.

I tried to set up heartbeat interval in worker connections but it didn't
resolve the issue. It keeps timing out. I am not able to understand how
this heartbeat work or how to debug to find out why its timing out.

Thanks
Nishanth