[rabbitmq-discuss] Remotely destroy/create Vhost automatically?

Christopher Lefevre CLefevre at Transparent.com
Tue Mar 5 16:14:22 GMT 2013

I actually just found my answer.

I wanted to share just in case someone else has this query, you can do all of this via the Management Plugin's API. The documentation for the API can be found here:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v3_0_2/priv/www/api/index.html

Thank you for your time,
-Christopher Lefevre

From: Christopher Lefevre
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:08 AM
To: 'rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com'
Subject: Remotely destroy/create Vhost automatically?

Hello RMQ List,
I have hopefully a quick and easy question.

We have a RabbitMQ instance on a Windows server, but the clients are running a mix of Windows/Ubuntu. We were looking to make a remote call to delete a VHOST, and then recreate the same VHOST.

For example, we have a VHOST named "Test-Service". We want to delete "Test-Service" to wipe out all of its queues, and messages, and then start anew, recreating the "Test-Service" for automated testing purposes.

We currently are doing this on a local RabbitMQ instance via the rabbitmqctl  command line tool, but would like to use a centralized RabbitMQ server. The queues are being recreated programmatically already, but we're looking for a solution, something that can be hopefully used with Gradle, to recreate the VHOST before running our service.

Thank you for your time,
-Christopher Lefevre

The information contained in this electronic message and any attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named above. This message may be confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone (603) 262-6300 or by electronic mail immediately. Thank you.