[rabbitmq-discuss] How does one handle a large amount of queues in the web interface?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 5 15:09:36 GMT 2013

On 05/03/13 14:58, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
> We have a setup here where we could easily end up with some thousands of
> queues very quickly. This means that the web interface becomes less
> usable since a lot of those queues will "mess it up".
>
> What are the usual way to handle this problem? Is it to restructure the
> application to use less queues, or is there another way?

Yes, allowing pagination and / or filtering in the web UI has been on
the TODO list for some time. It feels excessive to have to restructure
your application just to deal with the management web UI.

Until pagination / filtering appear, the best advice I can offer is "use
rabbitmqadmin" I'm afraid.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen