[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP connections closing very frequently

ankitag2010 ankit.ag2010 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 20:01:59 BST 2013

Hi

Sorry for the incomplete info.

I am getting the above error of exceeding the max_frame_size.So the
connections are disconnected.

As i was suggested that after version 3.0.0 a limit to frame_max was set to
128kb.I tried to change the frame_max to 0 using the following configuration
in rabbitmq.config file :

[
     {rabbit, [{frame_max ,0 }]}
   ].

and restarted the server using:-

sudo /sbin/services rabbitmq-server stop
sudo /sbin/services rabbitmq-server start

As mentioned here http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html :-

*Verify Configuration*

The active configuration can be verified in the broker log, e.g. the active
configuration file:

config file(s) : /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config

There was no such entry in my broker logs,but the server started
successfully.

To test that even the file is being read,i removed the full-stop "." from
the file.The server didn't start complaining about the missing full-stop.

Another way of checking the frame_max size :-

> rabbitmqctl list_connections  frame_max
131072

But here also its showing as 131072.
Rabbitmq version-3.1.1
OS-CentOS release 6.2 (Final)

Please let me know if you need anything else.