[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Server TCP buffer and network tweaks

Donovan Levinson skipatrol at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 23:46:39 BST 2013

Dear AMQPers,

I am setting two AMQP message brokers on LAN running the latest RabbitMQ
Server 3.1.3.  They will be part of a high-availability cluster with full
mirroring.  The cluster will receive about 430 messages per second (or
280KB/s incoming data as shown by VM statistics).  Each server process will
run on its own dedicated VM with 4 CPUs and 8GB of RAM.

I am wondering if I should make any considerations to increase the TCP
buffer size, or other OS-level Linux network configurations that could help
optimize performance, or if it's recommended to go with the OS defaults?

Thanks,
Donovan