[rabbitmq-discuss] TCP vs. SSL configuration

Tim Bain tbain at alumni.duke.edu
Thu Jun 27 14:33:30 BST 2013

So if TCP is disabled via the section you referenced in rabbitmq.config,
then what goes in the environment variable RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT?  Is that
value simply ignored if TCP is disabled (so you can set the environment
variable to anything, or just leave it unset)?  Do you set it to the SSL
port?  Something else?

And if you have a set of N nodes in a cluster on a single machine, do you
still need to have a different value of RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT for each
instance?  (Do you just make it match the SSL port each node is using?)

Thanks,
Tim