[rabbitmq-discuss] clarification on secure and unsecure communication

Ashok Anand ashok.anand at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 11:45:46 BST 2013

I have a clarification question. Can we have a configuration where producer
is connected to rabbitmq-server on unsecure channel (since they are both
behind firewall), and the consumer is connected to rabbitmq on secure
channel (agent is outside). Producer will be communicating at port 5672,
while consumer will be connecting over secure channel at port 5671. I am
assuming this should be feasible, since the storing and retrieval of
messages from the queue is decoupled with the ports or the way
(secure/unsecure) that is used to communicate, is that right?