[rabbitmq-discuss] Question on throughput with RabbitMQ-3.1.1

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jun 25 12:06:23 BST 2013

Hi,

On 24/06/13 16:55, Priyanki Vashi wrote:
> Also configured HAproxy TCP Load balancer so that I can just provide
> single port to connect to the Cluster.

A mirrored queue will be slower than a queue on a single server of the
same spec.

> -1 producer and No consumer and no queue binded to exchange

In this case the broker throws messages away without queueing so it
should be extremely fast.

> Also what points to take care, in order to improve throughput ?

There are several factors that could have a bearing on the overall
throughput. Here is a similar question I answered  recently:

http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2013-March/026132.html

The numbers you quote are very low. For comparison, measure the network
and IO bandwidth by piping traffic across the network to disk (e.g.
using netcat) to determine what performance your servers are capable of.

-Emile